Sun, Jan 19
William’s Sonoma- Sales Lead
Nov 7 | Williams Sonoma
Discover your purpose…
Inspire customers to express themselves in their home. Bring Williams-Sonoma to life for our customers by making it easy for them to discover products that best suit the way they cook and entertain. Drive sales by sparking connections & making lasting customers of Williams Sonoma.
Who we are…
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who you are…
* Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
* Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
* Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box (shop keeper)
* Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal style & needs
* Enjoy discovering the customer’s style, lifestyle & story to connect them to the right products
* Knowledgeable of all your neighborhood’s treasures including the best flea markets, vintage shops, boutiques, dining & entertainment venues that help the customer layer unique items into their home (food orientation) farmer markets, local vendors, chefs, restaurants.
* Most successful when provided with clearly defined daily sales goals & metrics
At Williams Sonoma you will…
* Create engaging experiences for customers by sharing expertise on cooking, entertaining & enhancing your home
* Provide daily support to the management team by performing opening and closing routines, register functions and back office procedures
* Conduct warm-up and cool down meetings with associates and coach associates to productivity and performance
* Provide supervision to ensure store is meeting financial goals and associates are providing World-Class service to our guests
* Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during manage-on- duty shifts
* Meet personal productivity targets and goals, while providing exceptional customer service to our guests
* Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy
* Perform projects and assignments as directed by the management team
* Effectively perform the Selling Captain role, serving as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the priority
* Collaborate with the store team by appreciating & valuing the talents & contributions of others
* Utilize Selling Essentials and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals
* Drive sales by clienteling & connecting customers to you & Williams-Sonoma
* Provide training and coaching expertise to associates in selling, product knowledge, clienteling and in-home services
* Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
What we’re looking for…
* 1-3 years retail sales experience with shift supervision experience preferred
* 1-2 years experience in home related design, visual merchandising, or stockroom responsibilities preferred (specialty retail preferred, but not required).
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
* Ability to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques
* Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
* Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and two during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
*Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday). If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday)
* Lead Note: In addition to having the Casual availability required, Lead associates must be available to meet the needs for their area of responsibility at their store. Examples: Sales Leads must have availability for peak sales/traffic or to support selling when Sales Associates cannot be scheduled.
Williams Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Outside Sales, CSR, Sales, Retail, Management