Fri, Aug 19
Untold Brewery & Restaurant – Taproom Manager (Full-time)
Untold Brewing is a rapidly growing, independently owned craft brewery headquartered in Scituate, MA. Established in the Fall of 2017, they specialize in producing clean, high-quality ales and lagers that reflect the seasons, the history, and the South Shore community that they call home. This fall they are excited to open their second location at the Derby Street Shops in Hingham. This new casually elegant location will feature an R&D brewery, comfortable family-friendly taproom, and a scratch kitchen operated by the award-winning culinary team at Clandestine Kitchen.
At Untold, Every Beer Has a Story™ and they want you to be part of it.
They are seeking an energetic, positive, highly organized, and downright fun person to lead their Hingham taproom staff with a focus on hospitality, customer service and exceptional quality. The Taproom Manager plays a critical, senior role, in their daily operations and will be instrumental in the success of their new venture.
- Collaborate with ownership and fellow managers on the recruitment, training, and retention of taproom staff to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Develop weekly and monthly staffing plans that balance operating hours, expected sales, customer traffic, and budget.
- Ensure the guest experience is “first-class” at all times through regular communication, setting and managing to standards, and leading by example.
- Develop and maintain a sense of camaraderie and teamwork between Untold and Clandestine Kitchen staff.
- Collaborate with Clandestine Kitchen leadership on menu changes, special events, customer service, and other operational needs.
- Manage inventories including: salable goods and operational supplies. Reordering as necessary and coordinating deliveries.
- Manage business receipts, deposits, tip disbursements and other regular financial management and reporting in collaboration with ownership and financial team.
- Establish systems to keep staff trained and informed on new products, services, and other business information that improves the customer experience.
- Contribute to Untold’s overall mission and focus on quality, innovation, and sustainability
- Prior hospitality experience in a full-time, leadership or leadership-in-training role.
- Strong technological skills. Experience using spreadsheets, point-of-sale systems, and other software/cloud applications. Comfortable with troubleshooting issues independently and developing solutions.
- Highly organized, must maintain attention to detail in all areas.
- Team player with willingness to collaborate and work well with others to achieve team goals.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to stand for 6-10 hours/day.
- Ability to lift objects greater than 60 LBS.
Highly qualified candidates will have
- College degree
- Experience working for a craft brewery
- Industry certifications: Cicerone, SafeServ, TiPs
To apply for this position, please email your resume with a brief introduction (formal cover letter not required) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls, please.