Sat, Dec 4
Talbots: Retail Assistant Manager
Oct 18 | Talbots
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Sales Manager (SM) partners with the Store Manager or General Manager (the “Manager”) to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The SM is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and building enduring relationships both internally and externally. The SM is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her store specifically as it relates to selling and building enduring relationships.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance exceptional service contributes in growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers, Talbots associates and the community with a focus on prospecting and establishing a strong clientele from existing and new customers.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling and service standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Passionate about selling and seeks organized, thoughtful ways to drive new traffic into the store.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Client Specialists based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge, wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors to drive customer loyalty
- and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Assists management in leading the team as needed.
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Analyze store reports leveraging store’s historical sales data with current sales goals to establish achievable stretch goals for individual and team performance.
- Strategically identify, target and cultivate relationships within the community that align with the brand and can help drive incremental sales.
Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and confidence through intentional conversation.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand initiatives to achieve key sales and service metrics.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills to proactively contact clientele with the intent to sell in a way that is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all associates meet same standards.
- Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Two or more years of specialty retailing experience preferred with an emphasis on selling. One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking,
- kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.