Sun, May 22
REI – Part-Time Sales Associate
Mar 29 | REI
What’s cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
You will serve on a team whose job is to help REI, the nation’s largest consumer co-op, engage with all of its audiences. You will contribute to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions, selling memberships and other REI products and services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. You will maintain a working knowledge of REI products and services and use this knowledge to sell products, services, and memberships to our customers. You help to maintain the store visual standards and assist in keeping the floor stocked with merchandise. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, and integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI.
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback.
- Effectively helps to prepare the store: maintains and stocks work areas making sure all items are accurately priced.
- Works with store management, visual merchandising point person, and Sales Leads to maintain visual standards.
- Promotes the sale of REI goods and services as well as engaging in the steps of REI’s Sales and Service Training.
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including but not limited to the REI Mastercard program.
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee. Collect payment for goods, make change, and distribute receipts.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School registration, special ticket sales, and store mail-outs.
- Identifies, research, and resolve customer issues.
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some qualities we look for in our Sales Specialists:
- Previous retail store experience (preferred)
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Effective communication skills.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledgeable of outdoor activities in assigned department.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the “100 Best Places to Work” list since the award’s inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer