Tue, May 21
Apr 13 | Williams Sonoma
Discover Your Purpose…
Promote a sales culture to build productivity. Prepare for future growth through hiring and developing great people. Manage Units Per Transaction, Average Transaction, Conversion & Sales Per Hour. Provide leadership by analyzing Week-to-Date, Month-to-Date, Year-to-Date sales & develops action plans to drive top line sales. Provide leadership to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and payroll, and manage profit and loss (P&L). Effectively manage store operations, inventory levels and visual merchandising standards. Ensure all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive store/brand experience. Ensure sales associates build relationships with customers. Accountable for all aspects of the store.
At Williams Sonoma you will….
- Ensure store meets or exceeds sales and contest goals; Meet payroll goals based on current trends.
- Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
- Recruit, interview, and select qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
- Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
- Develop management team to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Complete and deliver performance appraisals and development plans
- Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
- Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store as needed.
- Establish and maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
- Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
- Manage store operating procedures, i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses.
- Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
- Ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
- Monitor assets through accurate inventory management procedures.
- Work with District Managers and peers to develop best practices in store management.
What We’re Looking For…
- College degree or equivalent job experience preferred
- 4 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi-unit retail business environment.
- Proven ability to manage staff to exceed sales goals, while meeting payroll goals.
- Proven ability to identify top talent, create teams, and train/develop/retain great people.
- Proven ability to think through complex issues, and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
- Proven ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Proven ability to develop strategies and execute successfully.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business
- Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.