Sat, May 21
Derby Street Shops – Assistant Marketing Manager
About WS Development:
Massachusetts-based WS Development is a mixed-use developer with a singular mission: creating places people want to be. With an approach that values art, science, innovation and, above all else, people, WS strives to engage each community it serves with best-in-class installations and activations. Established in 1990, WS is a vertically-integrated company that conceptualizes, owns, operates and leases more than 100 properties that range from cutting-edge urban spaces to lifestyle and community centers. With over 20 million square feet of existing space and an additional five million square feet under development, it is one of the largest privately-owned development firms in the country. For more information, visit www.wsdevelopment.com, call 617.232.8900 or follow WS Development on LinkedIn.
WS is where great ideas and great people come together to design, build, and operate some of the best loved real estate projects in the country. We live at the intersection of entrepreneurship and establishment. We have the infrastructure of decades supporting a culture of free-thinking excellence.
We expect every WS employee to feel welcomed and valued irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
First 12 months: Derby Street Shops, Hingham, Ma
Upon completion of Derby tenure, AMM will secure a permanent role within the firm.
WS Development is looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager at Derby Street Shops. The Assistant Marketing Manager (AMM) will work closely with the Marketing Director (MD) and the General Manager (GM) and will be expected to assist in executing innovative and impactful marketing strategies for our brand at Derby Street. Additionally, within the first 12 months, this position will be available to support other Boston area properties (Legacy Place, MarketStreet Lynnfield, The Street Chestnut Hill) for event staffing needs, digital content support, and other marketing-related tasks as needed.
The AMM will be responsible for upholding the property brand, implementing social and digital campaigns, managing events, and managing social media. This position will have the opportunity to utilize passion and creativity while working hand-in hand with best-in-class retailers.
- Executes multiple events per month as planned in the yearly event-activation calendar.
- Maintains and manages website presence, email list, and social channels with a focus on Instagram and Facebook; while constantly assessing the shifting social / media landscape and experimenting with emerging channels as deemed relevant.
- Informs retail partners of marketing activities and supports requests for on/off-site programming/activation where relevant.
- Supports the execution of the paid media program inclusive of digital, OOH, and print channels as well as sponsorship efforts, as needed.
- Responsible for managing the local production and use of on/off-site collateral material and distribution.
- Utilizes the annual marketing strategy and budget as a means to execute.
- Creates meaningful relationships with property tenants to ensure their brands are being supported through the property’s many channels.
- Passionate about retail & events: Displays a passion and enthusiasm for community outreach, communication, retail, and event production.
- Self-starter: Actively seeks prospective opportunities for collaboration with the community and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Collaborator: Establishes strong working relationships with cross-functional partners like Corporate Marketing, Ancillary Income, Leasing teams, Development, Operations as well as other field team members.
- Relationship builder: Maintains strong relationships with media, agencies, customers, influencers, community leaders, business contacts, tenants, retailers and partners (i.e. local artists, charities, etc.)
- People person: Develops and enhances an excellent rapport with tenants through frequent in-person contact; includes responding to corporate requests and property marketing activities/events support.
- Multi-tasker: Has the ability to work on multiple projects that are in different phases of development.
- Curiosity: Curiosity to find inspiration in the world around us and introduce new ideas to the property team while never settling for the status quo to learn and excel.
- BS/BA in Marketing/Business Administration or similar field and 2-5 years of experience in marketing, event planning, social media planning, public relations, marketing, and media relations. Retail experience is preferred, not required.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media channels (Instagram, Facebook).
- Proficiency in marketing-based tools (i.e. Iconosquare, Canva, Constant Contact, Sweet IQ, WordPress).
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite products, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus, but not required.