Crate & Barrel – Seasonal Merchandising Associate
Oct 6 | Crate & Barrel
Crate and Barrel is America’s leading home specialty retailer, world-renowned for design, value and customer service. Our award-winning, architectural stores are crisp, clean, light, and filled with unique, contemporary design. And our customers tend to be just as fun as our sales associates. In fact many of our associates were customers first. So your days will be spent in good company. Join our holiday team. It’s our busiest time of year and we have stock positions available.
- Process all incoming and outgoing packages, including customer curbside pick-up orders, ship from store, buy online pickup in store, in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing the stockroom for inventory and perform assigned inventory duties.
- Perform prompt and accurate stock checks, while maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom.
- Execute and maintain the visual merchandising standards of the sales floor to engage customers and associates with the product.
- Assist with ensuring product and displays on the sales floor are stocked appropriately and available for customers to purchase.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent service and company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Greet and receive customers in a welcoming manner, respond to customer questions, process payments, and involve higher level management, as appropriate.
- Engage in, maintain and support store safety standards and training.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Associate Policy Guide.
- Lead by example and support store management in holding self and others accountable for store profitability and operational excellence.
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, sharing and demonstrating product knowledge and product expertise, as needed.
- Communicate and have awareness of applicable promotions, offers, loyalty programs, and other initiatives to customers, as needed.
- Promote the brand by engaging customers in creative activities and demonstrations, as needed.
- Stock, Distribution Center, or retail experienced preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication skills, basic math
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65lbs; heavier product with team assist
- Must be able to work one weekend shift including the weekend after Thanksgiving AND the days surrounding Christmas
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.Apply Now